Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 9:30 am UTC

Home | Ask a Question | Browse Questions

REFUNDED

Question: How to get quotes from insurance providers for a new comparison website

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditions.

Tue 5 May 2009 - 7:31 pm UTC

Question

npatha

I am creating an insurance comparison website such as moneysupermarket.com, confused.com, or insurance.com.. I want to access the quotes of all the insurance providers and provde these quotes to my customers. How can I get the APIs used by the insurance comparison websites? I am interested in any of the Life Insurance, Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.

Wed 6 May 2009 - 2:30 am UTC

Comment

juicez

I'm pretty sure you could call the companies personally and ask for their quotas, which works most of the time.

Wed 6 May 2009 - 10:15 am UTC

Uclue Researcher Answer

Phil Answerfinder

Dear npatha,

To fund your business you would need a budget at several thousands (minimum).

First you need to contact each and every insurance company you want to quote for and negotiate terms with them.

You then need to purchase the relevant hardware and software, and create the coding required by the insurance companies. See the second document referred to below.

Recruit advertising, website, and legal staff.

Register your company with the relevant regulators (FSA if you're in the UK).

These may give you some idea of what is involved:

http://www.eqwaste.com/art_comparisonwebsite.php
http://www.infosys.com/IT-services/information-management/case-studies/E-business-insurance-aggregation.pdf

Phil
answerfinder

Wed 6 May 2009 - 3:59 pm UTC

Refund requested

npatha

Thank you for the answer, Phil. But, unfortunately your answer doesn't help me in any way. I am interested to know the APIs for each of the Life Insurance providers in the UK.

How can I get the APIs used by the insurance comparison websites? I am looking for a step by step process.

I am happy to increase the amount to 50 USD.

Thu 7 May 2009 - 11:32 am UTC

Comment

npatha

How should I post the same question with higher remuneration?

thanks
Naveen

Thu 7 May 2009 - 11:58 am UTC

Comment

probo

No problem, Naveen

Just ask the same question again and specify the higher remuneration that you choose.

Hope this helps.

Probo

Thu 7 May 2009 - 12:42 pm UTC

Uclue Admin Comment

(Thanks, probo.)

Naveen, this question has been refunded, and the fee returned to your PayPal account. So please just post a completely new question.

Best Regards,
Uclue Customer Care

© 2014 Uclue Ltd