Tue 2 Sep 2014 - 11:40 pm UTC

Home | Ask a Question | Browse Questions

ANSWERED on Tue 6 Mar 2007 - 1:43 pm UTC by hummer

Question: How does one become a Uclue researcher?

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditions.

Tue 6 Mar 2007 - 11:08 am UTC

Question

j_philipp

My question is "How does one become a Uclue researcher?"

Tue 6 Mar 2007 - 1:43 pm UTC

Uclue Researcher Answer

Patricia

Dear j_philipp,

Thank you for your interest in uclue. Presently, only former Google Answer Researchers (GARs) are working as researchers on uclue and given that it is still in its infancy and barely one week old, it will probably be a while before we will be able to accept new applications (although you never know, it all depends on the number of questions we receive).

You'll find a discussion on how we got this far on the GA Alumni Association forum, including the following post by Roger (who is the chief cook and bottle washer behind our new website).

The uclue.com public beta test has started
"Researchers who were active at GA may contact me for details of how to become uclue researchers.
At this time, we are not able to take on any other researchers, but maybe in the future if the question volume grows high enough..."
http://groups.google.com/group/GAalumni/browse_thread/thread/7cfd0fa124990f40/f0eab17e34bd0a31

Researchers who were active at GA may use the "Contact Us" form on the
uclue website for details on how to become uclue researchers.

We intend to make every effort to maintain the same high standards under which we worked for Google Answers and hopefully make it a smooth transition from there to here. People who were already familiar with GA should feel comfortable and 'at home' here. Those of you who are meeting us for the first time, welcome! You're in for an interesting ride.

Welcome to uclue!

Thank you,
Hummer

Tue 6 Mar 2007 - 1:44 pm UTC

Accepted and rated

j_philipp

Thanks!

Fri 9 Mar 2007 - 7:23 am UTC

Comment

editrix

Ahhh, darn. I hope you will open the door to additional researchers down the line. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hopefully clicked that "when will GA be hiring additional researchers?" link dozens of times over the years, to always see that the same negative answer.

Sun 11 Mar 2007 - 10:15 pm UTC

Comment

steph

Hmmm...I could have sworn that J phillip was a GAR....

Steph

Sun 16 Aug 2009 - 8:18 am UTC

Comment

What is this crap? Is this a private site?..And who are these researchers? I will cancel my registration . The reason is why do I need to ask a questions in order to became a researcher? I have all answers already...

Have fun !

Sun 16 Aug 2009 - 8:49 am UTC

Uclue Admin Comment

Hi mitev.alex,

Yes, Uclue is a privately-operated site, started up by former Google Answers Researchers. Researchers are by appointment only, and for now we are only accepting applications from former Google Answers Researchers.

Best Regards,
Uclue Admin

© 2014 Uclue Ltd