Ask a Question | Browse Questions

ANSWERED on Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:42 pm UTC by Bobbie Sevens

Question: Seeking transcript of particular Mourdock comments on rape and abortion

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditions.

nautico 

25 Oct 2012 14:40 UTCThu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:40 pm UTC 

In the wake of Richard Mourdock's recent comments about God's intention that births not be aborted even as the result of rape, I remember reading that he later added a clarification that included words to the following effect: "Certainly neither my God, nor any other god, would condone the act of rape."

What I seek is a transcript that includes his particular reference to "any other god." I swear I read it in a piece in either the NY Times or Washington Post, but searches of those two sources have not turned up the article I remember.

Bobbie Sevens 

25 Oct 2012 14:56 UTCThu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:56 pm UTC 

Could this be what you are referring to?

"Take Donnelly’s own statement, and let’s do to it what he did to Mourdock’s.  Here again is what Donnelly said: “Rape is a horrible crisis, an unspeakable crime, and I can’t believe that my God, or any God, would intend it to happen.” http://www.peterheck.com/peterheck/features/view/32530/shame__sleazy_donnelly_goes_too_far

nautico 

25 Oct 2012 15:37 UTCThu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:37 pm UTC 

You're right! The reason I couldn't find it was that I had mistakenly remembered the quotation as having come from Mourdock, not Donnelly. Please make that your answer.

Bobbie Sevens 

Answer

25 Oct 2012 15:42 UTCThu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:42 pm UTC 

Nautico,

I'm glad I was able to find the correct reference for you.

"Take Donnelly’s own statement, and let’s do to it what he did to Mourdock’s.  Here again is what Donnelly said: “Rape is a horrible crisis, an unspeakable crime, and I can’t believe that my God, or any God, would intend it to happen.”

Peter Heck: 24 October 2012
http://www.peterheck.com/peterheck/features/view/32530/shame__sleazy_donnelly_goes_too_far

Best regards,
Bobbie Sevens

nautico 

25 Oct 2012 15:45 UTCThu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:45 pm UTC 

Thanks!

Mon 25 May 2015 - 3:21 pm UTC - © 2015 Uclue Ltd