Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 4:10 am UTC

Home | Ask a Question | Browse Questions

ANSWERED on Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:42 pm UTC by bobbie7

Question: Seeking transcript of particular Mourdock comments on rape and abortion

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditions.

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:40 pm UTC

Question

nautico

In the wake of Richard Mourdock's recent comments about God's intention that births not be aborted even as the result of rape, I remember reading that he later added a clarification that included words to the following effect: "Certainly neither my God, nor any other god, would condone the act of rape."

What I seek is a transcript that includes his particular reference to "any other god." I swear I read it in a piece in either the NY Times or Washington Post, but searches of those two sources have not turned up the article I remember.

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 2:56 pm UTC

Uclue Researcher Request for clarification

Bobbie Sevens

Could this be what you are referring to?

"Take Donnelly’s own statement, and let’s do to it what he did to Mourdock’s.  Here again is what Donnelly said: “Rape is a horrible crisis, an unspeakable crime, and I can’t believe that my God, or any God, would intend it to happen.” http://www.peterheck.com/peterheck/features/view/32530/shame__sleazy_donnelly_goes_too_far

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:37 pm UTC

Question clarification

nautico

You're right! The reason I couldn't find it was that I had mistakenly remembered the quotation as having come from Mourdock, not Donnelly. Please make that your answer.

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:42 pm UTC

Uclue Researcher Answer

Bobbie Sevens

Nautico,

I'm glad I was able to find the correct reference for you.

"Take Donnelly’s own statement, and let’s do to it what he did to Mourdock’s.  Here again is what Donnelly said: “Rape is a horrible crisis, an unspeakable crime, and I can’t believe that my God, or any God, would intend it to happen.”

Peter Heck: 24 October 2012
http://www.peterheck.com/peterheck/features/view/32530/shame__sleazy_donnelly_goes_too_far

Best regards,
Bobbie Sevens

Thu 25 Oct 2012 - 3:45 pm UTC

Accepted and rated

nautico

Thanks!

© 2014 Uclue Ltd