Question: I want to watch the Super Bowl online.

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditionsT&Cs.

happyengineer 

29 Jan 2011 20:48 UTCSat 29 Jan 2011 - 8:48 pm UTC 

There is a metric ton of misinformation regarding watching the super bowl online. Searching for super bowl online information is a bit like searching for ED medications or something.

* I don't have cable or satellite.
* I can't get FOX over the air.
* I AM willing to pay a one time fee to view the super bowl in HD.
* Ideally I'd like to stream it to my Samsung HD TV, but I'd be happy to just see it in HD on my PC.

If it's not possible then I'll just have to do the same thing I do every year. I google for streams until I find a crappy stream and then watch it until it gets taken down and then look for another one, etc., until I find one that doesn't get taken down. It's a miserable experience, but I'm not going to subscribe to cable just to watch the super bowl once a year.

Hailstorm 

Former Researcher

2 Feb 2011 01:26 UTCWed 2 Feb 2011 - 1:26 am UTC 

Hi happyengineer,

First, could you let us know what country you will be attempting to view the Super Bowl from?  I imagine there are a great difference in the options available depending on whether you live in, say, the United States, Great Britain, Egypt, or the Solomon Islands.

Also, what device would you be using to hypothetically watch the show on your TV?  Apple TV, iMac, PS3, something else?

happyengineer 

3 Feb 2011 04:57 UTCThu 3 Feb 2011 - 4:57 am UTC 

I actually found that if I move my antenna around I can just barely get Fox, so I am actually able to get it over the air now.

However, just in case there's a way to get it online, I'm still interested in an answer.

I want to watch it on my Samsung HDTV.

I live in the United States.

myoarin 

4 Feb 2011 01:51 UTCFri 4 Feb 2011 - 1:51 am UTC 

I'd have thunk that in the southern Bay Area TV reception would be pretty good.  What about investing in a better antenna?

probo 

4 Feb 2011 13:31 UTCFri 4 Feb 2011 - 1:31 pm UTC 

Have you considered getting an Antenna Booster?

One worked for me when I was getting poor reception here in the UK.

Mine was not expensive and I fitted it myself - and I am no engineer!

Probo

happyengineer 

Cancelled

7 Feb 2011 06:16 UTCMon 7 Feb 2011 - 6:16 am UTC 

Mon 29 May 2017 - 1:22 pm UTC - © 2017 Uclue Ltd