Question: Choices with regards to dental implants

Please carefully read the Disclaimer and Terms & conditionsT&Cs.

bbronco 

7 Jun 2017 06:10 UTCWed 7 Jun 2017 - 6:10 am UTC 

Assuming I have no medical issues that would prevent me from having either, which is the more preferable to do: dental implants one (or few) at a time or entire mouth procedure at once?

I am trying to choose which way to go.

One (or few) at a time (most likely under local anesthesia) is how it usually practiced by general dentists.
Entire mouth procedure at once is usually under general anesthesia, and this is how it is done by dentists doing only implant work (say at a clinic in Bangkok).

I am trying to see if there is anything I am not considering, such as maybe few at a time gives dentist more time and opportunity to get it right, or maybe that entire job at one time means that this will be done by a dentist who is an expert at the implants.

David Sarokin 

7 Jun 2017 18:04 UTCWed 7 Jun 2017 - 6:04 pm UTC 

bbronco,

Thanks for bringing your question to Uclue. We'll try to get you an answer, but it would help to have some additional information first.

Are you quite sure that multiple implants are you only option? Many dentists will recommend a bridge, rather than implants, to span a section involving several teeth:

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-health-bridges#1
Dental Health and Bridges

Is that an option for you? Or are implants the only way to go? Let us know.

David

David Sarokin 

14 Jun 2017 16:32 UTCWed 14 Jun 2017 - 4:32 pm UTC 

bbronco...just wanted to check in to see if you've had a chance to look over my earlier note and review the link.

David

bbronco 

23 Jun 2017 02:46 UTCFri 23 Jun 2017 - 2:46 am UTC 

Hi David!

I am not interested in bridges at all, I am interested in implants. Thank you!

PS.
I wasn't around for few days, and upon checking my mail tonight, I saw that Uclue "refunded" my payment for the answer (to this question, I guess, since there is only one).
I don't know how it can be refunded if the answer wasn't yet arrived at, and therefore the payment is still tentative. Either way, I did not cancel anything, at all, I think this is some weird Uclue error. I am still perfectly ready to pay for an answer. I need an answer.

Uclue Admin 

23 Jun 2017 07:21 UTCFri 23 Jun 2017 - 7:21 am UTC 

Hi bbronco,

All Uclue questions expire after 14 days, and are automatically closed by the system. Payment is taken when a question is first posted. If the question is not answered within 14 days, the payment is automatically refunded in full.

We appreciate that you brought your question to Uclue. However, it was not possible for us to proceed without a response to David's opening question. We find that it often helps to ask a few opening questions before starting the "real" research, just to check that the research required matches the question as posted.

If you still wish to receive a researched answer, please click "Ask A Question" and post a new question.

Best Regards,
Uclue Customer Care

Wed 20 Sep 2017 - 7:58 pm UTC - © 2017 Uclue Ltd